Win32 downloads for 2.7.0

David Balazic David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com
Thu May 13 06:50:11 EDT 2010

John Bailey wrote:

> The problem with the win32 installer that everyone's
> reporting is that I didn't
> realize there was other stuff that needed to be put in place
> to make the normal
> online installer work.  As a temporary fix, I have changed
> our download page to
> point to the offline installer, which includes GTK+.  If you
> previously
> downloaded an installer and are experiencing issues, try
> downloading the offline
> installer.

I just tried to download and get the same issue.
The URLs I followed were:

http://pidgin.im/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pidgin/files/Pidgin/pidgin-2.7.0.exe
http://surfnet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/pidgin/Pidgin/2.7.0/pidgin-2.7
.0.exe

I got a 8.7 MB big file.

During installation I get this:

---------------------------
Pidgin 2.7.0 Setup
---------------------------
Error Downloading the GTK+ Runtime :
http://pidgin.im/win32/download_redir.php?version=2.7.0&gtk_version=2.16
.6.0&dl_pkg=gtk
Retry   Cancel

Another thing: After this error the install continues, giving an
unusable Pidgin installation.
Wouldn't it be better to abort the installation if GTK can not be
downloaded?

And last: waht is the URL of the working setup?

Regards,
David