Automerging buddies

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Tue Nov 2 15:47:59 EDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 09:33:59AM -0600, Jorge Villaseñor wrote:
> I guess the last time this was proposed it included a merge-accept
> dialog in which the UI, when finding contacts to merge, show a dialog
> with relevant information to the user to accept/decline the merge.
>
> I think this dialog plus the preference to disable this function would be ok.

Right, the problem is coming up with a dialog which is obvious enough in
what it does, flexible enough it what it allows, and usable enough for
entire buddy lists.

I'm all for someone trying to come up with one.

Add in remembering of declined merge attempts and this can be something
that runs at every startup/account add/etc. With a manual re-run option
for people who want it (which has an option to ignore previous decisions
as well to allow for redeciding on them).

    -Etan