How to load all buddies list for the specific account

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 10:15:02 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 14:45, Aliaksandr Kazlou
<aliaksandr.kazlou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Etan.
> Really the second, I'm trying to get buddies that are
> on the server list for an account, at least this one.
> And no, there are no any buddies in my local blist.xml.
> When I run nullclient.c, it prompts for the protocol to use
> (I select jabber), type my account, and password,
> so then process finally goes to signed_on() handler
> with my account connected to the server, and here I want
> to display (so load first) all my buddies from the server list.
> So, how can I do it? How can I download all my buddies from the server,
> which function/set of functions I need to use?
>
> Many thanks to your reply.

You can't explicitly download the buddies from the server list.

Your server buddy list is loaded at the time that you log in.  I
believe that it will vary according to the protocol whether or not the
whole server list is loaded to completion before the signed_on signal
is triggered.

After the list has been loaded, you can use purple_find_buddies()
(http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/dev/html/blist_8h.html#ec109120497bd9168a618e55cf1c1907)
to get a list of the buddies from the account.

-D