Windows 7 won't load my custom plugin

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Sep 13 13:22:17 EDT 2010

  Hi all,

I've built a basic Pidgin 2.7.3 GUI plugin that works well under Linux
(Fedora 13 x86_64) as well as Windows XP SP3 32-bit. However, when I try
to use my plugin under Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) the plugin is not
loaded. The debug window output after opening the plugins window is the
following:

(12:14:48) plugins: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pidgin\plugins\gone.dll is
not loadable: `C:\Program Files (x86)\Pidgin\plugins\gone.dll': %1 is
not a valid Win32 application.

I've tried building the DLL under both a real MinGW environment in
Windows XP and my Fedora MinGW environment. Both DLLs work great under
Windows XP, but both fail with the same message in Windows 7.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael