API enhancement for 2.8.0

Andrew Victor avictor.za at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:00:26 EDT 2011

hi,

> Moving 'tooltip' to the end of the struct would *probably* be acceptable
> (since only request.c should be malloc()ing the struct.

Ok, I can move the "tooltip" to the end of the struct.

> This should be investigated (and possibly tested), since tooltip-text=""
> might show a blank tooltip, which would be horrid.

I have tested it now:
 * tooltip-text="" does not show anything.
 * tooltip-text=NULL does not show anything either.

So unless purple_request_field_set_tooltip() is called, it will work
as it does now and no tooltip is displayed.

Can I commit this patch via the MXit branch for 2.8.0?

Regards,
  Andrew Victor