Cannot load libpurple plugins dynamically on iOS

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Aug 16 10:58:48 EDT 2011

Joe Jordan spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Looks like g_module_symbol("purple_init_plugin") calls
> dlsym("_purple_init_plugin") here, but dlsym expects
> "purple_init_plugin" without the leading underscore.  Perhaps my glib
> (glib_2.20.4-3_iphoneos-arm.deb) is broken?

That sounds possible.  There's some sort of disagreement between glib
and dyld, anyway.

The attached patch is off course not something we can apply, although
I'm glad you solved the problem for now.  Perhaps the glib folks can
help get it fixed correctly; if not, we can maybe hack around it with
some autoconf goo, but I'd prefer not to do so.

Ethan