Propagated im.pidgin.pidgin.next.major to im.pidgin.pidgin

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sat Aug 20 20:29:47 EDT 2011

FYI I propagated from the im.pidgin.pidgin.next.major branch to
im.pidgin.pidgin in MTN.  So im.pidgin.pidgin is the code that will
eventually be released as 3.0.0.  It sounded like a few people in
devel at conference.pidgin.im were in favor of this.

Feel free to merge stuff into it and break it left and right.  Remove
backward compatibility.  Fix bad APIs.  Whatever your pretty little
heart desires.

I also created im.pidgin.pidgin.2.x.y, in case we need to make a
release 2.x.y release to fix a critical bug.  But I think we should
try to avoid that.

--Mark