The webkit branch and message style themes

Jorge Villaseñor salinasv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 01:22:16 EDT 2011

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 2:39 PM, John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:
> Marcus Lundblad wrote:
> <snip>
>>> I haven't really followed the development in that branch. But considering
>>> the amount of work that may be necessary to get it releasable, perhaps we
>>> can target it for 2.7.0?
>>>
>> I think this will need a major bump, as it will effectively remove API
>> (GtkIMHtml)
>
> Marcus is correct--if we replace GtkImHtml we have to bump to 3.0.0--even if we
> don't kill the API, we're changing behavior in such a way that it *will* break a
> number of existing plugins.  I'm not against doing this, but there's a LOT of
> stuff we really do need to do for 3.0.0, ideally including finishing
> gobjectification of libpurple, merging in the keyring stuff, etc.
>
> John

Ok, now we are working on 3.0.0 and I want this branch to be merged.

I plan to merge this branch some day during the next week if nobody objects.

The status of the branch is this:
* Webkit succesfully working on the gtkconv.
* The AdiumTheme plugin works ok, this must be moved to a theme loader.
* IMHTML is still there and must be killed.
* I have broke some dialogs (help*) while removing some instances of imhtml.

I think we can focus on this branch at the same time we play hide-a-struct.

What do you think?

--
Masca