Moving to Hg without any analysis at all

Eoin Coffey ecoffey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 23:56:18 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Many Pidgin developers have used hg extensively at work, on other open
>> source projects, and on their own time.  We (I am included in that
>> group) have considered it very successful at actually *getting things
>> done*.  It is fast, it is accurate, it branches and merges cleanly, it
>> runs everywhere, and it is comfortable to use.  Those are the reasons
>> we are choosing it.
>
> git is also fast, accurate, branches and merges cleanly, it runs
> everywhere, and is comfortable to use.

Git runs everywhere, but not as cleanly on windows as on the unixes.
I've used both tools, git more than hg, on windows and hg was
definitely more comfortable.

I think this was a point brought up earlier when someone was
mentioning the vulture project.

-Eoin