Widgets not visible

passtschu passtschu at freenet.de
Fri Jul 29 05:15:35 EDT 2011

 Hi.

 I'am writing a plugin for Pidgin but I have problems.
 The function gtkblist_created_cb is running correctly on Pidgin start
 but the new widgets are not visible.
 When I unload and load the plugin the widgets are visible.
 Can anybody help me with this?

 Posted it already on support but here it is better i think.

 Thanks passtschu

 static gboolean
 gtkblist_created_cb(PidginBuddyList *gtkblist) {
     _hbox = gtk_hbox_new(TRUE, 2);
     gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(gtkblist->vbox), _hbox, TRUE, TRUE, 10);
     gtk_box_reorder_child(GTK_BOX(gtkblist->vbox), _hbox, 3);
     gtk_widget_show(GTK_WIDGET(_hbox));
     gtk_widget_show_all(GTK_WIDGET(_hbox));
     return TRUE;
 }
 static gboolean
 plugin_load(PurplePlugin *plugin) {
     void *blist_handle = pidgin_blist_get_handle();
     _plugin = plugin;
     if(purple_get_blist())
         gtkblist_created_cb(PIDGIN_BLIST(purple_get_blist()));
     else
         purple_signal_connect(blist_handle, "gtkblist-created", plugin,
                 PURPLE_CALLBACK(gtkblist_created_cb), NULL);
     return TRUE;
 }