user sees itself in pidgin roster

Chu, Xingjun (Xingjun) jasonchu at avaya.com
Wed Jun 29 11:01:08 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am not sure if this is some kind of bug in pidgin or not.

I was using pidgin connecting openfire.  created a group "group1"  with user1 and user2 on openfire.

Then Log in from two pcs with user1 and user2 from pidgin. I can see user1 from user2's roster group "group1"   and vice versa.  But when I changed the account from user1 to user2 from one of pidgins, I can see user2 itself in the buddy list under roster group "group1" and then changed it back to user1, now it seems user1 itself in the buddy list under roster group "group1" .

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jason