IM Chat using Perl

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:54:04 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using the signals-test.pl example in the Pidgin distribution I can now
> get a signal when someone sends me an IM.
>
> Unfortunately I have not yet figured out how to send an IM.
> Neither as a response to the received IM message nor as an initiated IM.
>
> The signal handler looks like this:
>
> sub conv_received_msg
> {
>        my ($account, $sender, $message, $conv, $flags, $data) = @_;
> }
>
> From the $account  I can get the connection object using
>
> my $con = $account->get_connection;
>
> but I am not sure how to go on.
>
> Your help would be appreciated.
>
> Gabor

I was expecting $conv to hold the Purple::Conversation object but it is undef.

Also when following the example in
http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/dev/html/perl-howto.html under
"Conversation API" I don't see where the IM is connected to a buddy. I
tried to run that code but it seems to just talk locally.

Gabor