ssl client auth update

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Nov 28 01:41:31 EST 2011

Hey Lucas.  I don't know if I'll have time to look at this branch, and
I'm probably not the best person to look at it, but I wonder if you
could provide a little more information.  Not just for my benefit, but
for anyone who might be interested in testing or reviewing this code.

Is this the branch in question?
im.pidgin.cpw.ljfisher.ssl_client_auth
http://developer.pidgin.im/viewmtn/branch/shortchanges/im.pidgin.cpw.ljfisher.ssl_client_auth

I haven't been following your emails very closely (sorry), I wonder if
you could provide a description in your own words of what client side
auth is and when it would be used.  It sounds like maybe it allows
users to authentication to XMPP servers using public/private keys,
similar to ssh?  Is this a standard auth mechanism for XMPP?  Or for
SASL?  Do many XMPP servers support it?

Thanks, and sorry we haven't been able to give you the attention you deserve :-(
Mark