Various mostly bonjour related fixes

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Nov 29 23:24:20 EST 2011

Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Ethan Blanton <elb at pidgin.im> wrote:
> > Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> >> I guess I'd prefer if we didn't commit these to 2.x.y.  Supporting
> >> ipv6 for bonjour doesn't seem critical to me.
> >
> > Please clarify what you mean by "these".
>
> I guess I meant all of them.  And I don't have a strong opinion about
> this.  I guess I'm mostly saying that _I_ wouldn't have committed them
> to 2.x.y.  It's probably not worth reverting the changes from 2.x.y.
> And I'm not going to stop anyone from committing the remaining patches
> to 2.x.y.  But we should be EXTREMELY careful not to cause other bugs.

I generally agree; however, I can confirm that Bonjour + IPv6 = not
good at the moment, and the patches which have already been applied
should not affect anything but Bonjour (they are all local to the
Bonjour plugin) on IPv6 (they come into play only for IPv6 addresses).
The way I see it, we're unlikely to break anything that isn't already
broken.

The remaining patch is a bit of a different story.

Ethan