Google Summer of Code - need advices

Michael Zangl michael at fam-zangl.de
Fri Apr 6 10:33:59 EDT 2012

Hi Célestin,

Since I am currently familar it, here is a summary of the current status
of android porting (the sections are from my GSoC proposal, since I have
already summarized everything there).

pidroid has been a first attempt to create a android application. All
required librarys are build and some java source has been added that
calls a native function which starts purple. All other java functions
are just "TODO" and don't do anything interesting.

And this is about my progess:
I have the libraries building and included in the apk-File (with some
hacks). Eclipse does not see the C code as an enemy any more and even
native debugging works. I implemented basic eventloop scheduling and the
calls needed to get a list of accounts, add one and remove them. So far,
I needed about 6 working days for it and saw that, if I continue, this
is going to be a summer-filling project. I packed my tests in a tar
archive. http:/michael.fam-zangl.net/chat-important-v2.tar.gz

There are also some messages about this topic on the list, a good start
would be http://pidgin.im/pipermail/devel/2012-March/010614.html. If you
have further questions regarding what you need to build the frontend,
just ask me. You should be familiar with C and Java, and it would be
good if you already have experience with the JNI and Android.

Regards,
Michael