Pidgin Theme Editor Question

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 13:12:57 EDT 2012

+devel at pidgin.im

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Jed Shuler <jedshu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry to bug you, but I'm having problems with the Pidgin Theme Editior
> 2.10.3.  When I make the different color and font changes that I want then
> restart my computer all is lost. Have you seen this before and do you know
> a possible solution?

Hi! The pidgin theme-editor plugin is somewhat incomplete, in that the
changes only apply to the current session, but it doesn't save the changes
you make. So once you restart pidgin, you have to redo all the changes. I
personally don't use pidgin (since I use finch), so I haven't had a need to
implement the feature to save the changes. But I totally had expected
someone by now would've submitted a patch to implement this feature.
Perhaps you are interested? :-)

Cheers.
Sadrul