Administrative changes I made

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Feb 21 02:55:00 EST 2012

Just want to keep people updated on a few changes I made today to our
SourceForge project page and to rock.pidgin.im.

- Added/removed developers and admins from the Pidgin SourceForge
project.  I think it's useful to users, new developers, press, other
projects, etc. if this list is more accurate.  You can see the current
list here: http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=235
Elliott, please let me know if your sourceforge username is not
qulogic.  Also, if anyone prefers not to be listed please let me or
someone else know and we can remove you (you also might be able to
remove yourself).  And please try to use a reasonably secure password
for your SourceForge account.

- Got rid of the lighttpd configuration for
http://community.pidgin.im/ on rock.  It was redirecting to
http://pidgin.im/support/.  I think Casey Ho wanted to create
something for users using Drupal here, but maybe we shot it down?  Or
maybe this is what we used for the user survey/poll?
> sudo rm -f /etc/lighttpd/conf-available/20-community.pidgin.im.conf /etc/lighttpd/conf-enabled/20-community.pidgin.im.conf
> sudo service lighttpd reload

- Removed the long-unused Drupal files leftover from an earlier
iteration of community.pidgin.im.
> sudo rm -rf /srv/www/community.pidgin.im/

- Removed the community.pidgin.im DNS A record.
> sudo vim /etc/bind/pidgin/db.pidgin.im
> Remove the "community" line.  Update the serial number at the top of the file.
> sudo service bind9 reload

- Removed the legacy _jabber._tcp DNS SRV record.  I don't expect this
to cause any problems
(http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2007-February/014001.html).
> sudo vim /etc/bind/pidgin/db.pidgin.im
> Remove the "_jabber._tcp" line.  Update the serial number at the top of the file.
> sudo service bind9 reload

- Removed the soc.pidgin.im DNS A record.  It was pointing to
imperial, but was showing "developer.pidgin.im is currently down!
Sorry for the inconvenience. We're dealing with a few hosting
problems. We hope to have things back up and running again soon, but
we don't have an estimate on when that will be."  Not sure what was
supposed to be here, but it doesn't seem like we need it.
> sudo vim /etc/bind/pidgin/db.pidgin.im
> Remove the "soc" line.  Update the serial number at the top of the file.
> sudo service bind9 reload

- apt-get upgraded rock.  It upgraded apache, clamav, erlang, php,
mediawiki, and other things

- Uninstalled Apache on rock.  It wasn't running and I don't think we
need it for anything.