EFF Moan about libpurple logging

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Tue Jan 3 22:57:41 EST 2012

On 01/03/2012 09:08 PM, Peter Lawler wrote:
> Hi!
> For those who may not be watching Twitter....
>
> https://twitter.com/EFF/status/154394005940088832
>
> 'Tell @pidginIM and @adium: ask users whether they want to log chats,
> don't just turn it on'

What an obnoxious comment.  Why not just post a suggestion to our
mailing list rather than try to stir up an angry mob?

Who controls @pidginIM, anyway?

> FWIW, I retorted with a bunch of tweets that broken down were:
> 'Patches welcome, we're not paid to write this stuff... Privacy
> rewrite's been slowly worked on for >5 years'

It's not difficult to turn this off by default, it's a two-line patch.
If we agree that we want to be part of this adventure in paranoia, we
might as well just do it rather than demand a patch.

Kevin