[GSoC 2012] Planned API changes - RFC

Tomasz Wasilczyk tomkiewicz.groups at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:43:50 EDT 2012

> If there is a reason why we shouldn't, I think we want to turn this
> around: why does GG need it, specifically?  The bug in #11733 looks
> like something a prpl can easily solve for itself, by simply
> normalizing incoming usernames before adding them.  Also 2) below...

GG just need numbers as usernames - it's very misleading for users
(even advanced ones), if they are able to type in (and store)
something else.

I have another question, related to #9463. There is a need to add zlib
to dependencies. There were a discussion, that it shouldn't be a
problem, because pidgin depends on it per-proxy (some related library
depends on it). What's the official decision? Can I just add it to
required dependencies in configure.ac? If not - may it be an optional
dependency?

Tomek