[GSoC 2012] Planned API changes - RFC

Tomasz Wasilczyk tomkiewicz.groups at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 13:18:47 EDT 2012

2012/7/13 Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net>:
>> [1] http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ndYkyPWu
>
> This looks great to me.  I'm ok with purple_validate taking a
> PurplePlugin--it seems like a reasonable thing to do in this case.

I've managed to use validation in account setup and buddy adding
dialog. (Un)fortunately, "new conversation" dialog uses
purple_request_fields, which doesn't support validation. I may
implement such feature (also resulting in API change):
- add optional validation callback to separate request fields (to
easily add simple validators for numbers, email, etc)
- add optional validation callback to whole form (to validate
username, which is related to account selected in separate field)

I also need such validation for dialogs used in Gadu-Gadu protocol plugin.

Is anyone for or against?

Thanks for feedback,
Tomek