Mercurial test conversion
daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 02:06:17 EDT 2012
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Daniel Atallah
<daniel.atallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> We've made a number of tweaks to the conversion process and there is
> now an updated test conversion available at
> Review and testing is welcome.
After some more minor tweaks and a few more test runs, I think we're
ready to go.
The server has been configured based on
http://pidgin.im is now being served off of a hg repo. This means
that you probably shouldn't commit to the mtn repo (although it isn't
a real problem if you do).
Making the cut-over for everything else is a matter of deciding when
we want to pull the trigger.
At that point we do the following:
* put mtn into readonly mode
* Run a final incremental conversion (takes ~20 minutes)
* Copy the repositories to hg.pidgin.im (this will probably take a
I'm proposing that we cut over at 17:00 US Eastern time (21:00 UTC) on
Wednesday June 13th.
If something hasn't been pushed by then, there are a couple options:
* Create a patch from mtn and import into the appropriate hg repo
* We can run another incremental conversion - this would be a bit of
effort, so ideally we'd use the patch method unless there was a
compelling reason not to.
It's probably worthwhile to for SoC mentors to reach out to their
students to make sure they're aware of what's going on in case they
don't subscribe to this list.
A number of folks with current mtn push access have yet to supply ssh
keys; you'll need to do so before you can push into the hg repos.
I'm sure we'll make some tweaks in the first few weeks, but for the
most part everything should be good to go.
More information about the Devel