Idea about emoticon cache

Jorge Villaseñor salinasv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 18:58:50 EDT 2012

Hi, this is a nice idea.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM, zhang kai <kylerzhang11 at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I consider to save all emotions into a single zip compressed file. The file
> is formatted like this:

Emoticons are images which most of the time are already compressed. Is
there a reason to have them stored in a single zip file? Don't  you
think it would be easier to avoid some of the functionality of  Stage3
by just having the emoticons stored in a dir where the user can easily
fetch the image?

<snip>

> When a cache file's size hit the maximum limit, pidgin need to remove some
> not so frequently used emoticons for new emoticon to be added. So in the
> emoticon index, I consider add a count attribute to enable pidgin to choose
> which emoticon to remove. Then the emoticon index is like this:
>

> emoticon URI<CR><LF>offset<CR><LF>size<CR><LF>count<CR><LF>

I think it is better to have a "frequency" value than a count. I mean
count/time instead of just time.

--
Masca