GSoC

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Mar 20 03:08:42 EDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM, teee.moose <teee.moose at gmail.com> wrote:
> it says I should "discuss application ideas with mentoring organizations".
> I didn't know if this was the right place, if not can someone please point me
> in the right direction?

Hey, yeah, this is the right place.  You could also try chatting with
people on IRC or an XMPP room, but it's hit or miss whether anyone is
actually around.
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/PidginCommunity#WherecanIfindPidgin-relatedchatonline

> Ultimately, I'll definitely like to attempt the Android
> port of pidgin. If there is information I should be providing here, please
> let me know, and I'd be happy to let you know.

No information in particular.  I guess we're just here if you have
questions or want to bounce ideas around.  For the Android project I'd
say it would be helpful if you have experience writing normal Android
apps, and some familiarity with C and building Linux applications, and
have played around with the Android NDK.