Patch

Jorge Villaseñor salinasv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:43:16 EDT 2012

>     Hello! My name is Flavius-Valentin Anton, i'm a first year college
> student at "Politehnica" University of Bucharest and i attend the Community
> & Development Labs [1] course held by Rosedu[2]. As announced by the mentors
> (CCed) a while ago on this list, we intend to do some improvements to Pidgin
> (using a cloned repo for testing but sending patches via email). This is my
> first patch so far and it's an enhancement to the "Offline Message
> Emulation" plugin [3].
>
> Thus, users using protocols that do not support offline messages natively,
> won't interpret them as live, deliberate messages. Instead, they will see a
> notification right before each one. Basically, what i've done was to add
> this text : "(Offline message)" before the actual sender's message, such
> that both users know that this is an offline message and not a simple
> pounce.

You sent the complete file, try sending just the patch, this way we
can all see the actual changes you did.

You can get the patch as noted in
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForPatchSubmissions point 5. Doing
mtn diff  or diff  -u (I prefer diff -Naurp, it works anyway).

Also, the usual way to send patches is trough the trac system.

--
Masca