Idea about emoticon cache

Jorge Villaseñor salinasv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 17:30:10 EDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM, John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:
> On 03/25/2012 05:06 AM, Eion Robb wrote:
>> (someone else feel free to correct me if im wrong, but) Custom emoticons
>> (sending and receiving) work fine in xmpp in pidgin it's just that custom
>> emoticons broke in msn when we changed to msnp16.  I don't think that
>> implementing custom emoticons in any protocol in lib purple is inside the scope,
>> nor necessary for this proposal.
>
> Eion is correct.  Custom emoticons, buddy icons, and file transfers are all
> broken on MSN currently because we don't support P2Pv2.  I agree with Eion that
> this is outside the scope of an emoticon cache project.
>
> John

Just to add a little more info.

In fact every P2P is broken in MSN if you try to do it between
libpurple<->non-librpurple. Try it between 2 pidgins and it sould be
working. Also, you can force to use the MSNP15 (in msn.h) to avoid
this issue (and of course loose the MSNP16+ features) to be able to
test.

Elliot have done some changes in the related code and maybe changed
some of the above but I don't think so.

And sure, implemmenting the send/receive stuff in prpls is outside of
the scope of the emoticon cache project.

--
Masca