[GSOC] Pidgin Plugin Website

mrigeshpokhrel mrigeshpokhrel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:13:52 EDT 2012

No I dont think so . That is my roadmap , thats what I wish to accomplish
with the project . I can create a proper functioning website working within
GSOC time frame but then the more extensive features , I'll continue to
work on them after GSOC !!

Hmm URI schemes would be a better option if I don't wanna go with different
file extensions. But then I will loose some aspect of downloading the
plugin on your pc and then installing it. Then again i'll have to extract
it to the plugins directory, which is what I'm trying to avoid .

Suppose I define a uri type pidgin://plugin-name , then this would
definitely start the pidgin plugin browser after revamping it to accept the
uri. But then if I wish to download the "plugin-name" to my pc and then
install it  ? I would have to extract it to the plugins directory. While
what i am trying to do is plugin-name.pidgin , downloading this would start
the pidgin plugin manager/browser and also if i download it to my pc and
try to execute it , that would as well start the pidgin plugin manager. I
hope i'm right on this one .