[GSoC] Better chat log viewer

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Mar 29 03:43:48 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Dan Lincan <dan.lincan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested in implementing new chat log viewer, so I have made a
> draft on how I think it should look based on the ideas page. The draft
> is at [1]. Please tell me where to add more details and what these
> should be focused on( implementation details or features ).

The ideas in your draft seem mostly reasonable to me.  For better or
for worse we try to avoid surfacing protocol to the user by default.
And I worry that having lots of sorting options for the list of
buddies will make the implementation quite complex... it might make
sense to start off with a more limited set of features and get
something working, keeping in mind that you'll want to extend the
functionality later.