[GSoC-2012-Idea] Better chat log viewer

adeel khan ak1733 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 21:55:35 EDT 2012

> > Grouped by contact (person), so if I have "markdoliner" on AIM and
> > "mark.doliner@…" on XMPP combined into a contact/person, the logs show
> up as
> > being for one person, with some differentiation for me to tell which IM
> > account was used.
> >
> > Please if some one elaborate this a bit.
>

> The idea is that users should care which screen name they use to IM
> someone... they
> should just click on "Henry" and know that the message will get
> delivered one way or another.  And so the chat log viewer should aggregate
> conversations from all of  Henry's usernames and display one combined
> conversation.

I don't get this. User should or shouldn't care about the screen. Frankly i
don't use this thing but as i tried it to check it, whenever i click on a
buddy inside an entity it always opened the same window and it remain the
same for all buddies part of that entity. So whenever i click on a
different buddy , the window would respond for that person now, while still
showing chat session for other buddies inside the entity. What i get from
aggregation is that logical entity would have all the logs for the buddies
inside it, similar to what when ones right click on an entity and it shows
entire logs for all contacts.

 adeel