[ANN] pidgin git import v5

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon May 21 14:17:44 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 18:02 +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Some of these might be useless, and might make sense to strip them,
> but they are there now.

I see no harm in keeping them, and more data seems better than less.

> In addition to that, I've used 'hg-git'[1] with a few hacks to convert
> the repository to mercurial, preserving all the information (except
> renames, but that shouldn't be hard to add).

Nice!

> convert the mtn ids in the commit messages to the relevant git ids.

If you can finish those two items up, I see no reason we can't do the
final migration.*

I'd like to finish author mapping the entire history, but if I can't get
that done in time, let's not hold up the transition. So far, I haven't
had much incentive to work on that, since other things were holding up
the transition anyway.

* This is based on a quick read of your email. I haven't yet looked at
the repositories output by the script.

--
Richard