[ANN] pidgin git import v5

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue May 22 23:53:23 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-22 at 12:42 +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> In general yes, but Monotone-Date is useless for example

Yes, that can be dropped.

> If the switch was to git, this wouldn't be a problem.

In my opinion, grafts don't really help much because you can't push/pull
them (or has that changed?).

> It would be best if there was an official git repository

I believe that's the plan.

> John Snow <john at snow.com> # OK

I don't think anyone questions that we should use this, when we have
this information.

> John Snow # not OK
> john at snow.com # not OK

If this is all the information one has, I think it's just plain wrong
that git forces you to add additional bogus information. But since it
does, this would be the convention, correct?

john <john at snow.com>
John Snow <unknown>

--
Richard