Make GTK debug window usable again

Tomasz Wasilczyk tomkiewicz.groups at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:38:56 EST 2012

15-11-2012 21:12, "Jorge Villaseñor" <salinasv at gmail.com> napisał(a):
>> After applying
>> the patch, it get elements until 100ms timeout is hit.
>
> Does this patch block pidgin for 100ms in the while? Does it
is noticeable in the UI?
> If so, how much we can get down that number without affecting the IU?

Yes, it blocks, but:
- for at most 100ms periods (~100ms only in some cases, like startup or
account reconnect)
- it's unnoticeable in UI (for me and my short tests)
- only, when debug window is shown

> Have you measured if doing this append int js is actually quicker than in
C? (I have no idea)

Without this patch (part related to js), filling startup log takes some
time. With it applied, gtk debug window is only a bit slower than console.

Tomek