Switch rock.pidgin.im from lighttpd to nginx?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Apr 1 03:50:59 EDT 2013

How do people feel about me changing rock.pidgin.im (used for serving http
and https pidgin.im and imfreedom.org) from lighttpd to nginx?  They're
similar, in that they're minimal, fast, lightweight web servers.  I
originally became a fan of them over Apache because they're less vulnerable
to the Slowloris[1] attack, although it looks like Apache has mod_reqtimeout
now, which should help.

And I've grown to like nginx over lighttpd because I find the config syntax
to be a little easier, and I feel like the project is stronger[2].

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slowloris
[2]
http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2013/03/01/march-2013-web-server-survey.html