Fwd: GSoC project idea

ABHINAV MISRA abhinavmisra919 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 08:52:47 EDT 2013

[image: Inline image 1]Hi Mark,
   Thank you for getting back to me. The major benefits of this design is
that at present we have two windows for pidgin,i.e. one the buddy list and
the other for chat conversation. This design will club those and make it
one unit. Moreover, it will be implementing easy search for buddies and
also for conversation. They just need to type above the respective
categories to search. So this will give more easy access to search than
present design. Secondly, there is no point in having two windows just for
the same task. If u want to send message to some other person from the list
then we need to see the buddy list again. In my design that wont be needed,
user will have an option, whether he  wants to open another tab for the new
conversation or not ( attached a new picture showing it). The status will
be seen on the title bar. Like if I am chatting to a person from my gtalk
list, then my Gtalk status will be shown on the title bar, if I switch to
facebook friend then that particular status will be shown.
  To prove my point further and add weight to it , I would like you to
please refer to the Gmail "compose" option now. Earlier a new window use to
open and then we wrote our mail there but now the design is much more
appealing. My design is very compact, no extra detailing anywhere , just a
window where you can manage all your accounts with full efficiency.
Thinking all this I proposed this design.  This way we can give a very new
touch to Pidgin. Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere.

Thanking you,

Regards,
Abhinav Misra

--