MSVC Portability

Zoltán Sólyom z-ismeretlen at freemail.hu
Sat Apr 6 18:57:42 EDT 2013

> Have you looked into how Instantbird handles compiling libpurple, glib, libxml,
> etc.?  Someone involved with that project already pointed out that they compile
> libpurple and friends using Visual Studio 2010, although they do go the route of
> having everything compiled into a single DLL.  Considering Instantbird's
> success, I would definitely suggest following their path for building libpurple
> and its dependencies.  Who knows, maybe you could even end up finding ways to
> improve the situation for both your planned application and Instantbird.
>
> John

I looked for information they and many others posted at different places
about this in the past 2 weeks, and I have reached my limit. I didn't
enjoy it one bit. Maybe in another 2 weeks I could make everything work,
but it's just not worth it for me. I won't write more about MSVC on this
mailing list.