purple_ssl_connect to prevent nslookup

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sun Apr 14 16:43:03 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM, karthik kumar <kumarkarthikn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know how to use purple libraries for http 302 redirections, so
> I m making the first http call, parsing the response header to get the next
> url  i.e Location: \(.*\)
> This is where the call is not working.
>
> Is there a better way to handle https 302 redirections ?

Hi Karthik.  Did you ever solve this problem?  If not, and you're
still interested in figure it out... It sounds like you're trying to
connect to an https website, is that correct?  Are you using one of
the purple_util_fetch_url_* functions?  These functions should look
for the location header and handle it transparently.  You shouldn't
need to handle it yourself.