[GSOC 2013] Easy plugins with a website

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 13:18:33 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> When plugins register themselves with Pidgin they provide a name,
> author, description, and website.  I suggest using this and avoiding
> creating a separate metadata format unless absolutely necessary.

Yes, you're right. Having a separate metadata format would make things
more complex. Initially I thought it would be helpful for the
auto-update feature but now I'm keeping things simple and using
existing features of the Pidgin plugin system as much as possible in
planning my project.

>> PS: I'm planning a bit ahead here, but is there any specific server-side
>> language that you would want me to develop the plugins website in? I'm
>> pretty familiar with PHP+MySQL, Python and basics of Ruby but I don't
>> have any problems if we decide to use a CMS.
>
> Either php or python.

Great! I'd prefer to use PHP :)

Also, I will improve upon the initial UI design and post it when it's ready.

Thanks for the input :)

Cheers,
Bhaskar Kandiyal