GSOC: Chat Log

Tomasz Wasilczyk tomkiewi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 15:43:06 EDT 2013

2013/4/15 Nathan Loewen <loewen.nathan at gmail.com>:
> I'm considering applying as a GSOC student to work on the chat log idea
> mentioned on your idea page. I noticed that there was a student working on
> this during the 2010 GSOC. I was wondering what issues he ran into that
> prevented the work from being completed? Did any code come out of that work
> that could be used as a starting point?

I think the main reason for this failure was too easy project. Student
didn't dealt with it seriously and deadlines came.

That's why I suggested making this idea more serious and complex
(involving both backend and frontend, better specification). This
time, project shouldn't be picked by a student eager to
easiest-as-possible GSoC task. Also, completing it will be significant
step forward.

Tomek