GSOC: Chat Log

Thomas Hruska thruska at cubiclesoft.com
Tue Apr 16 10:16:35 EDT 2013

On 4/16/2013 6:20 AM, Tomasz Wasilczyk wrote:
> 2013/4/16 Ethan Blanton <elb at pidgin.im>:
>> Nathan Loewen spake unto us the following wisdom:
>>> I'm considering applying as a GSOC student to work on the chat log idea
>>> mentioned on your idea page. I noticed that there was a student working on
>>> this during the 2010 GSOC. I was wondering what issues he ran into that
>>> prevented the work from being completed? Did any code come out of that work
>>> that could be used as a starting point?
>>
>> He did nothing.  We don't know what happened, he simply disappeared
>> when the summer started.  I would not take his failure as any
>> indication of the difficulty/complexity/etc. of this project in any
>> way.
>
> According to [1], he did /something/. He's been learning C, GTK and he
> finished GSoC with a buggy HelloWorld window.
>
> Tomek
>
> [1] https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/GSoC2010/BetterChatLogViewer

LOL?  I hope someone at least submitted that to thedailywtf.com.  My
guess is that he put GSoC on his resume/CV and now works for an
enterprise somewhere writing software as the senior developer.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

I've got great, time saving software that you might find useful.

http://cubiclesoft.com/