New plugin API

Ankit Vani a at nevitus.org
Fri Aug 9 14:01:32 EDT 2013

Hi Richard

On 9 August 2013 21:55, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
> You provided examples of purple_SOMETHING_get_account(). I don't see a
> problem with those staying "transfer none", especially since we're
> single-threaded.
>
> If you pass an account to a callback, though, you're going to need to
> g_object_ref() it before you do so, and g_object_unref() it from the
> callback code when you're done with it.

Yes, I agree.

In the existing code, it has been done in a few places, but not everywhere
yet (due to the fact that I haven't checked everywhere), but I'll get to it.

I will be spending a week cleaning up and ensuring everything is in order after
I'm done with plugins and protocols.

> Can you provide some more examples of things you think are wrong or
> inconsistent?

Nothing comes to mind as of now :)

                                                                         - Ankit