OTR and general security stuff

Peter Lawler bleeter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 18:06:26 EST 2013

On 13/02/13 09:42, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
> As a long time gaim/pidgin, otr and openpgp user, I am completely +1 with
> Jacob's ideas.
>
> I cant talk for windows but those platform's users need all the security we
> can provide per click.
>   On Feb 12, 2013 6:33 PM, "Jacob Appelbaum" <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm writing to this list as datallah suggested that I write to this
>> address. I hope it is useful/welcome.

<snip>

>>    https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/15513

I've noted in the ticket that the desire should be to have otr working
'cleanly' with Finch as well, not just Pidgin/WinPidgin. We can then be
fairly certain it should work with minimal effort with other libpurple
based clients.

This, and lack of a formal 'maintainer' are probably the two things
holding it back from whatever my 'vote' is worth (if those two
conditions were met, I'd be OK with inclusion)

Pete.