OTR and general security stuff

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Feb 26 01:37:19 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Jurre van Bergen <drwhax at 2600nl.net> wrote:
> In that case, while there already is NSS/GnuTLS support in a pluggable way,
> i'll look into older SSL tickets and come up with a proposal from there to
> see what could be improved and how it could be improved

We could potentially drop support for either NSS or GnuTLS.  Having
less code to maintain means development and audits can be more
focused.

This decision would require that The Chosen Library exist with a new
enough version on all meaningful Linux distributions, be usable on
Windows, not be deprecated, ideally have an active maintainer, support
all desired functionality, etc.  I'm not familiar enough with the
status of either project to be able to answer any of those questions.