MSN (WLM) stopped working

Duncan Berriman duncan at berrimans.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 12:25:37 EST 2013

Finch says:-

SSL Certificate Error
Unable to validate certificate
The certificate for local-bay.contacts.msn.com could not be validated. The
certificate chain presented is invalid.

... and you get no option to accept it....

Pidgin correctly asks you to view/reject/accept. Looks like it's a new
certificate activated on Jan 11th 2013.

So this could affect any libpurple users (not pidgin) and any finch users.

Duncan

Accept