[GSOC] Easy Plugins Website - Progress as of July 2nd 2013

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 11:01:56 EDT 2013

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit late sending the weekly mail about the progress, mainly
because I wanted to get things up and running so people can see the
progress on my OpenShift website [1]. I've had some problems deploying
with OpenShift but I think I've sorted them mostly.

This week I implemented multi-platform plugin uploads for Windows, Linux
and Mac OS X (do we even need support for Mac OS X?). This was pretty
complex to implement and took up most of my time. I also added a few new
things (appearance wise, the 'Install' button now is the 'Download'
button and shows a drop-down if the plugin has different files for
multiple platforms).

An initial implementation of the plugin author's dashboard has also been
added.

I'm not focusing too much on the appearance and design, I want the
backend to be finished first then I'll look into the appearance and
design of the website. I've been making the design a lot modular using
Jinja2 templates so it won't be much of a problem re-designing the
website if need be.

Feel free to test things and send feedback :)

Cheers,
Bhaskar Kandiyal

[1] - http://bhaskar-kandiyal.rhcloud.com/