GSOC File Transfer : Progress as of 22 July 2013

Ashish Gupta ashmew2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 10:36:22 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out how to initiate a file transfer between
Google Talk and pidgin. I can see the contents of a string buffer
containing file transfer related information, just that I'm having
some issue understanding how to use the XML Stanza to initiate file
transfer. I've basically looked at the file parser.c  and jabber.c in
libpurple/protocols/jabber/, all that needs to be done now is
converting the XML Stanzas into a proper usable structure such as a
Google_Share struct containing attributes such as filename and
transport type, preview URL , etc.

The buffer when parsed gets xmlnodes with respective descriptions
added to the JabberStream object which is then supplied to
google_share_handle_initiate() . I'll be trying to figure out a way to
use that information now and initiate a file transfer from Google
Talk.

If anyone has any advice, I'll be more than glad to consider it.

Thanks,

Ashish.