[GSOC] Plugins Website - Progress as of July 8th 2013

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 10:23:39 EDT 2013

Hi Mark,

On 07/29/2013 12:31 PM, Mark Doliner wrote:
> A slightly related question... what about allowing people to sign in
> with OpenID, Facebook Login, or Google+ Sign-In? That might lower the
> barrier to entry and maybe we'd be more comfortable with requiring
> users to be logged in to rate. And I think it's nice for us to not
> have to maintain a user/password database, and nice for users to not
> have to remember their credentials.

Yes, that would be a good idea, I'll try to get a basic OpenID login
working and see how it would integrate with the django auth backend.

> If not OpenID, Facebook or Google, I wonder if we could at least use
> the same credential store as Trac on https://developer.pidgin.im?

I'm not too familiar with Trac and how to authenticate users in Django
from Trac's backend. From what I've gathered by searching the interwebs
is that people usually try to implement things the other way i.e Trac
authentication using Django's auth backend. Maybe we can have both
OpenID and Trac authentication working, I'll look into it thanks for the
suggestions :)

Cheers,
Bhaskar Kandiyal