Categories in plugins window

Ankit Vani a at nevitus.org
Tue Jul 30 07:04:01 EDT 2013

Hi Bhaskar

Since you are also working on a new plugins window in pidgin, I suggest you to
divide it in categories, such as "Notification plugins", "Protocol plugins" etc,
as you have with the plugins website.

As a part of the new plugin API that I am working on, plugins will optionally be
able to define a primary category that they belong to. Those that do not specify
any category can go into "Other plugins" or so. You should be able to make this
possible without having to code in the criteria for the categorization yet. For
now, they can all go into the "Other plugins" category, but you can test out
that different categories can show up.

I have also CC's this mail to the mailing list. Let me know if this seems like a
good idea to everyone, or if anyone has better suggestions. :)

                                                                         - Ankit