File Transfer Implementation - GSOC Project 2013

Ashish Gupta ashmew2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 17:05:07 EDT 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the comprehensive list of the kvps, Sulabh :)
I'll be sure to jot down whatever kvps I encounter along this way in case
someone requires it at a later stage.

The change to yahoo_filexfer.c (
https://hg.pidgin.im/soc/2013/ashmew2/filetransferX/rev/f26666272701 )
fixes the Yahoo FT issue. Mark and I have tried to transfer files from
Pidgin to the official Yahoo! Messenger, and they seem to work for all
extensions (I tried .png, .rar, .zip, .exe, just to name a few) for file
sizes upto a few MBs (20 MAX).

I also went through some open tickets for the Yahoo! file transfers, and
ticket #14503 (https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/14503) caught my
attention. It's about files getting corrupted when sent over the network.
Did anyone ever fix this issue? Is it reproducible now?
I never got it to show up on my machine with PDF Files. I'd like to work on
it sometime if it still is an issue.

Regards,
Ashish