Easy Plugins Website - Current Progress

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Jun 27 03:56:06 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Bhaskar Kandiyal <bkandiyal at gmail.com> wrote:
> (There's also a
> /soc/2013/bhaskar/plugins_window which has no commits, it was a failed
> clone attempt, feel free to delete it as I don't think I have the
> permission to).

Done (I rm -rf'ed
/srv/mercurial-server/repos/soc/2013/bhaskar/plugins_window/ on the
server).

> One thing I would like to ask, which Python version is supported by the
> Pidgin server that would host the plugins website? and would it be fine
> to use MySQL as the DBMS? I know, I should have asked about it early on,
> my apologies. I just wanted to know about the server specifics so I can
> have a similar setup on my local system for testing.

The server that hosts pidgin.im has python 2.7 and not python 3.0. I'm
guessing the server that hosts developer.pidgin.im has both, but I'm
not sure. Developing against 3.0 sounds good to me. And then adding
backwards compatibility is nice-to-have, but don't stress about it.