[GSOC 2013] Easy plugins with a website

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Sun May 5 15:20:40 EDT 2013

Hello,

I've built a 'demo' website and plugins window (as a standalone
application). You can find the website at [1] and the plugins window
application at [2] (it builds with the build.sh script). I'm hosting the
website on Red Hat's OpenShift (free one) and sometimes the server's are
too busy so you can get a HTTP 500 error, just keep refreshing the page :)

My apologies for being late on this, I originally planned on finishing
the demo's before the deadline for submitting the proposals but I had to
deal with some 'real life' problems and therefore could not finish them
in the deadline to include it in my proposal (Maybe, I'll add links to
them as a comment to my proposal).

These are just demo's that give an idea of how things will look like and
therefore they're missing a lot of functionality.

Any comments are welcome as always, I'd love to hear what you think,
I've spent quite some time building them :)

Also, I completely understand the complexity of the project and, if
given the opportunity to pursue the project, I will will not focus too
much on the appearance side of things but more on the core functionality
as it's the most trickiest part. This is one of the reasons that I've
mentioned in my proposal that I want to start early on and plan things
beforehand and get started even before the coding period begins.

[1] - http://bhaskar-kandiyal.rhcloud.com/
[2] - https://github.com/gastly/pidgin-plugins-demo-app

Cheers,
Bhaskar Kandiyal