Outgoing DTMF / dialpad support

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Nov 14 10:31:36 EST 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-14 at 17:17 +0200, Stefan Becker wrote:
> SIPE checks the libpurple media capabilities and therefore has to
> include media.h, not prpl.h.

But prpl.h *includes* media.h — and has the following comment:

/* this file should be all that prpls need to include. therefore, by including
 * this file, they should get glib, proxy, purple_connection, prpl, etc. */

> Unfortunately libpurple headers use typedef, which doesn't work for
> independent headers due to redefinitions. The only alternative I can
> offer is to not use PurpleMedia * but struct _PurpleMedia *. Then you
> don't need to add a typedef to prpl.h.

Actually, repeating the typedef, as long as it's identical, seems to be
fine. Or is that a GCC'ism?

Both of the potential fixes I showed *do* actually work. And for siplcs
it was only the autoconf test that needs tweaking; the code itself was
fine.

--
dwmw2